MGTOW - The Red Pill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Shopping Guides
For tech product reviews, see Myxa - buying advice on tech and electronics.
Similar topics

Ideas for future forums

+3
Jagrmeister
Mr Wombat
Eduard
7 posters

Go down

Ideas for future forums Empty Ideas for future forums

Post by Eduard Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:16 pm

In the next forum for MGTOW, we should have a place for debate, so instead of fighting with each other we can settle any issues in a debate, we should also debate Nacho Vidal because I don't fully understand why he shut down MGTOW Forums.
Eduard
Eduard

Back to top Go down

Ideas for future forums Empty Re: Ideas for future forums

Post by Mr Wombat Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:44 pm

An internet forum is not a great place to hold a debate. It comes down to a test of stamina.

A better format for a debate would be something like:
Each party submits a statement with a X-number-of-words limit and a deadline, to a debate moderator (which could just be a bit of software). They each make a rebuttal, and then finally a reply.
Six moderately long posts, then end of debate.

If you want scoring, then do it like so: anyone can sign up before the first statement is posted as debate audience. They each have to indicate their position on the debate question. After each of the three pairs of postings, they again indicate their position (this weeds out people who are not actually following the debate).

The "winner" is the person who best persuaded people to change their positions. I think there's a simple formula for it - use the formula for working out correlation.

Now, by all means have a forum thread and go nuts. But a debate needs limits.
Mr Wombat
Mr Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduard Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Sounds good to me Mr.Wombat better than people arguing in a forum.
Eduard
Eduard

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduard Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:55 pm

But what I would really like is a like button.
Eduard
Eduard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jagrmeister Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:04 pm

Wombat- Yeah I like it. Do you want to mod such a feature on a new site we're building? I like the idea of structured debate and it allows us to have a spirited exchange without it getting personal.

BTW, I love the idea of discussing new possibilities for a new forum. We will absorb as many of these as possible. So, please suggest more!

Mr Wombat wrote:An internet forum is not a great place to hold a debate. It comes down to a test of stamina.

A better format for a debate would be something like:
Each party submits a statement with a X-number-of-words limit and a deadline, to a debate moderator (which could just be a bit of software). They each make a rebuttal, and then finally a reply.
Six moderately long posts, then end of debate.

If you want scoring, then do it like so: anyone can sign up before the first statement is posted as debate audience. They each have to indicate their position on the debate question. After each of the three pairs of postings, they again indicate their position (this weeds out people who are not actually following the debate).

The "winner" is the person who best persuaded people to change their positions. I think there's a simple formula for it - use the formula for working out correlation.

Now, by all means have a forum thread and go nuts. But a debate needs limits.
Jagrmeister
Jagrmeister
Admin

https://mgtow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MultiShadow Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:35 am

A large part of MGTOW is always going to be discussing women, because to us, they are central to the problem. MRAs telling us to move on and stop talking about women, is the equivalent to us telling them to stop talking about Feminism or the State.

That being said, some folks have claimed they are tired of rehashing the same things over and over about women, and have made references to being too negative in general.

Unfortunately, that doesn't leave us with very many things to discuss.. as we are individualistic by nature as men.. and anonymity doesn't allow us to reveal enough of ourselves to find much in common outside of our general views on women.

Maybe some sort of personal instant chat system might alleviate some of this, although it may also lead to more butting heads.

Another suggestion could be a section devoted to how each MGTOW is going his own way, or advice on other possible ways MGTOWs could go there own way.. kind of like the new member introduction area. We often hear these questions from newer MGTOWs looking for help/guidance.

Finally, a section devoted entirely to gaining/giving knowledge may be beneficial to MGTOWs. Outside of sharing knowledge of women, some MGTOWs often seek to share other information, from meditation to prepping to gardening.

A section entitled "Shared Knowledge" could be place where the learned pass on knowledge, by labeling a post as the topic they are going to share, and then in the post they could link/cite resources, and give a detailed description or summary of the information and/or their opinion/personal experiences of it.

Examples could be working on cars, welding, carpentry, shooting pool, communication skills, some aspect of psychology, biology, computers, etc. Anytime you learn something that you wanted to share/discuss with others, you could post it there.. even if it was something as mundane as how to play a certain video game or the aspects of a certain sport.

Although there are undoubtedly numerous websites already out there, on almost every plausible subject.. discussing these things in an MGTOW environment may allow people the chance to get to know each other better on a more personal level, allow us to help each other reach our own goals and/or have fun, and it may further MGTOW discussion into more broader topics/solutions.
MultiShadow
MultiShadow

Back to top Go down

Post by ubermensch Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:26 am

I like the old forum. But I'll go with the flow, like a lemming ... it would be a shame to have lose contact with the lads from MGTOWForums. They've helped me through some tough times, to be sure.

ubermensch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jagrmeister Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:59 pm

MultiShadow wrote:A large part of MGTOW is always going to be discussing women, because to us, they are central to the problem. MRAs telling us to move on and stop talking about women, is the equivalent to us telling them to stop talking about Feminism or the State.

Yep, good point. I think decoding, deconstructing, and in general giving guidance on how to contend with women is essential. No everyone will avoid entirely, and we encounter women all day long. So I think it's important. I think the misrepresentations from the outside are just missing the point and frankly haven't quite figured out the cause and effect of the opposite sex in any case.

Another suggestion could be a section devoted to how each MGTOW is going his own way, or advice on other possible ways MGTOWs could go there own way.. kind of like the new member introduction area. We often hear these questions from newer MGTOWs looking for help/guidance.

Finally, a section devoted entirely to gaining/giving knowledge may be beneficial to MGTOWs. Outside of sharing knowledge of women, some MGTOWs often seek to share other information, from meditation to prepping to gardening.

Yeah I like the idea. When we get to the new forum- if you can help think about how to do this, that would be cool.

Maybe like an "eHow" sub-forum within GYOW which captures a structured explanation about how to do one thing- that other MGTOWs can benefit from. And a "MGTOW 101" sub-forum in the main Lounge forum - which has the same format of structured, condensed knowledge on how to break out of blue pill jail, and live life "on the outside".

As I read through the rest of your post, sounds like you have a pretty good beat on this, Shadow. Do you want to own these two areas on the new forum?
Jagrmeister
Jagrmeister
Admin

https://mgtow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by obmon Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:32 am

ubermensch wrote:I like the old forum. But I'll go with the flow, like a lemming ... it would be a shame to have lose contact with the lads from MGTOWForums. They've helped me through some tough times, to be sure.

This split from the MGTOWForums could actually work in our favor.. those who want to lead MGTOW in a new direction, make it more about men and the society and the future, with those who want to bring to light the truth about society.. then we can have two, not one, homes for men, each more focused on their own.
obmon
obmon

Back to top Go down

Post by HamstaBlasta Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:33 pm

obmon wrote:
ubermensch wrote:I like the old forum. But I'll go with the flow, like a lemming ... it would be a shame to have lose contact with the lads from MGTOWForums. They've helped me through some tough times, to be sure.

This split from the MGTOWForums could actually work in our favor.. those who want to lead MGTOW in a new direction, make it more about men and the society and the future, with those who want to bring to light the truth about society.. then we can have two, not one, homes for men, each more focused on their own.

Hi Obmon! Very Happy  I think that it's definitely A Good Thing; though it's crucial that here, and what I consider to be the Brother Forum, always remain friendly with each other. I'll certainly do my best to make sure that this is so (FWIW...).
HamstaBlasta
HamstaBlasta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down