MGTOW - The Red Pill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Shopping Guides
For tech product reviews, see Myxa - buying advice on tech and electronics.

What the hell ?? Now Mgtow forums is back up and functioning.

+14
phonebook
goldenfetus
ManWithAPlan
Silvestroyer
TheAxis
Drew36
Strong_Hand
Ancient Sunlight
Harima
WheelBarrow
Daedalus
PointermanKS
WakingUp
Drunkenmaster
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What the hell ?? Now Mgtow forums is back up and functioning. Empty What the hell ?? Now Mgtow forums is back up and functioning.

Post by Drunkenmaster Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:11 pm

I checked Mgtow forums because I'm odd like that and now it is back up .
Now perhaps we can have closure .
Drunkenmaster
Drunkenmaster

Back to top Go down

What the hell ?? Now Mgtow forums is back up and functioning. Empty Re: What the hell ?? Now Mgtow forums is back up and functioning.

Post by WakingUp Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:13 pm

No clue what's going on.

I'm a mod and although I am logged in now, the staff and moderator forums are gone.

But everything else is there.

Going to try and download all threads now with wget.
WakingUp
WakingUp

Back to top Go down

What the hell ?? Now Mgtow forums is back up and functioning. Empty Re: What the hell ?? Now Mgtow forums is back up and functioning.

Post by PointermanKS Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:16 pm

Can't get into the user profiles though or look at your own stuff. Weird.
PointermanKS
PointermanKS

Back to top Go down

Post by Daedalus Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:17 pm

From what I can see all user privileges have been deactivated, and he's loaded the more heavily used links with pop up ads. At least for my iPhone.

Daedalus

Back to top Go down

Post by WheelBarrow Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Well, this is interesting. Even if/when it is returned to full operation, would anyone be to blame for looking over their shoulder, so to speak?
WheelBarrow
WheelBarrow

Back to top Go down

Post by PointermanKS Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:19 pm

Maybe he put it up as a favor to someone so they can image it?
PointermanKS
PointermanKS

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunkenmaster Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:19 pm

Yup I can view most things , but it appears to pop up entire separate pages of adds and denies any kind of access or interaction . He may have been masterfully hacked .
Drunkenmaster
Drunkenmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WakingUp Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:20 pm

PointermanKS wrote:Maybe he put it up as a favor to someone so they can image it?

I am downloading every single thread thanks to wget.

No guarantees the back up will be perfect, but we shall see.
WakingUp
WakingUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Harima Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:22 pm

Drunkenmaster wrote:Yup I can view most things , but it appears to pop up entire separate pages of adds and denies any kind of access or interaction . He may have been masterfully hacked  .

My guess as well. Maybe it was the revange of the 'founding fathers of mgtow' after that facebook stuff.  Surprised 

Harima
Harima

Back to top Go down

Post by Ancient Sunlight Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:24 pm

Very odd indeed. I'll quickly save my favorite threads, in any case.
Ancient Sunlight
Ancient Sunlight

Back to top Go down

Post by WakingUp Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:24 pm

The downloading will take hours, and it assumes my connection is not interrupted by whatever is going on right now.

But I am getting the content in a way that may be able to be transformed into XML and then imported into a forum:

http://postimg.org/image/7123j7w0z/
WakingUp
WakingUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Strong_Hand Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:25 pm

The @mgtowforums account on twitter vanished too. I still doubt anything was hacked.
Strong_Hand
Strong_Hand

Back to top Go down

Post by PointermanKS Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:25 pm

Noticed some of the user names logged in are weird. Zed is zed+, I think limpingmenace is listed as the man with a limp.

Something looks kinda screwed up.
PointermanKS
PointermanKS

Back to top Go down

Post by Daedalus Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:26 pm

My current impression is that he put it back up so we can access threads. We cannot however search via user name unfortunately. I'm not sure he was hacked since it was reported that he ended the paypal auto withdrawals, it would appear he's rigged a "detonator" to it, exploiting the most often clicked on links to generate ad revenue before the traffic drops off entirely. It also implies we won't see access to an exported database. He's rigged it so he can walk away and profit. I am both delighted by his ingenuity and disappointed at the same time. It would have been nice to go through user activity and salvaged zed and Vic and a few others contributions for a personal offline library.

Daedalus

Back to top Go down

Post by WheelBarrow Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:31 pm

WakingUp wrote:The downloading will take hours, and it assumes my connection is not interrupted by whatever is going on right now.

Did you try the '-c' option? It should continue the download, however, the man page says the server must support continuation of interrupted downloads. Thanks for doing what you can.
WheelBarrow
WheelBarrow

Back to top Go down

Post by WakingUp Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:32 pm

I did not but I just saw my program automatically reconnect, so we should be all set.

I'm reading through the manual now and may run it a 2nd time just to be safe.
WakingUp
WakingUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew36 Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:32 pm

Copy files while you can I suppose.  Who knows how long this might last.
Drew36
Drew36

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew36 Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:35 pm

Strong_Hand wrote:The @mgtowforums account on twitter vanished too. I still doubt anything was hacked.

Agreed. The FB page, YT channel and twitter all went down at the same time. IMO this was not the actions of hackers. I think this is Nacho giving us all a shot to save threads.
Drew36
Drew36

Back to top Go down

Post by WakingUp Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:36 pm

Threads

This is going to take awhile  Cool 

The process appears to be going smoothly though.
WakingUp
WakingUp

Back to top Go down

Post by PointermanKS Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:37 pm

People should probably try to stay off it to keep bandwidth usage to a minimum. Might speed up the download....
PointermanKS
PointermanKS

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAxis Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:39 pm

I just wanted to write to a member on the old forum and this is what I got: Please send your death threats to cjpaving@hotmail.com

Dafuck??!

TheAxis

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunkenmaster Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:39 pm

I had thought while I was at work that perhaps he had done everything just to make money and was now cashing out as he had enough to retire .
Drunkenmaster
Drunkenmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WakingUp Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:44 pm

And now he's back off line.

My wget connection is now being refused.

Sorry guys.

What an ass.
WakingUp
WakingUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvestroyer Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:44 pm

Silvestroyer
Silvestroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by WakingUp Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Well well well.

I don't know what to make of any of this.
WakingUp
WakingUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next