MGTOW - The Red Pill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Shopping Guides
For tech product reviews, see Myxa - buying advice on tech and electronics.

Let's Learn from the Past

+25
obmon
sirreaper
Cicero
Rouleur
cyberdude
BeijaFlor
gumby
mr.anonymous
Notorious G.I.T.
MultiShadow
Our Man in Penang
jso
Knightscribe
Kite
Gromnir
Darth Sin
Hobson
WheelBarrow
unplugged
RPanarachist
Bit2Much
remasculating
marsatreus
Strong_Hand
Jagrmeister
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Let's Learn from the Past - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Learn from the Past

Post by Hobson Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:50 am

@ Gumby, this "what kind of things were people getting banned for on the old forum?" could have gotten you banned.
@ Strong Hand, your right, No Women should Be Allowed. That is the single most defining factor of the old forum, the main ingredient in it's recipe for success and as others have stated repeatedly. The only place known for men only. It was working too, quite well imo.
Hobson
Hobson

Back to top Go down

Post by BeijaFlor Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:49 am

Notorious G.I.T. wrote:There can't be cunts on the forums... there's no computers in the kitchen.

lol! 

(Actually, my computer is in my kitchen ... but no women allowed in the house.)
BeijaFlor
BeijaFlor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberdude Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:31 am

Admin wrote:
RPanarachist wrote:
Maybe give them their own sub-forum where they can challenge any MGTOW or RP concepts?
My view is that women should not mix in MGTOW forums because they noise to signal ratio would become lopsided.  However, the idea of a quarantined "Opposing Views" section that is highly moderated may have some value.  Even for myself, I find at times it's easy to become lax with argumentation when we deal with people who share my assumptions.  Communicating to blue-pillers, women, etc. forces us to question our assumptions and sharpen our argumentation.  Personally, I enjoyed taking the arguments I'd make on MGTOWForum and seeing if I could sweat it out on feminist sites, or Reddit Red Pill - the counter-arguments never forced me to retreat, but did force me to refine my thinking.  If other people are copacetic with it, I'd consider it.
I'm not copek... copack... whatever with it. Please don't allow women on his board. We can do without all the havoc they'll create.

@RPanarachist: You know what Confucius say: Give them inch, they take whole fooking yard.
cyberdude
cyberdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Rouleur Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:20 pm

Hobson wrote:The Ban Hammer was ridiculous. No one can speak freely in such an environment. Arguing over definitions and manospere sects and minutia, a waste of time. The total absence of a known female presence priceless. Same for trolls. Hens & Trolls have there own spaces. No one who's been around the block wants to argue Nawalt all day. Limited access to memberships and allowing the outsiders to lurk was a beautiful practice. Separating wheat and chaff by means of a strong introduction filter provided by the mods, also priceless. Just my two cents.

meh, I spoke freely. I never feared the hammer, even being a late-comer '13 register.

NO WOMEN.

EVER.

that's my 2 cents.  Very Happy 
Rouleur
Rouleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Cicero Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Cicero here, first place I jumped to was happybachlorforums. It's too bad what happened, but I expect with every ending there is a new beginning, and I'm sure a primary MGTOW forum will rise again.

Cicero

Back to top Go down

Post by MultiShadow Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:04 pm

This is the type of logical arguments you can expect from women-

"Hypergamy is a trait that promotes species survival when surplus resources are scarce, yet you have the nerve to sit here in the twenty-first century, not the slightest bit EXTINCT, and call it evil.

What a load of bullshit."

That's from AVFM. The comment section from the article discussing (mocking) MGTOWForums being shut down.

She completely ignores that all of civilization was built by restraining hypergamy through traditionalism. It was intelligent men working together who built society, not men who were constantly competing for superficial and materialistic possessions to hand to women.

It's only now after traditionalism is gone, that the entire system is unraveling at the seams.

She goes on to call us petty, uninspired, mindless and juvenile misogynists.. so I'm not sure you're going to get the rational arguments that you're looking for.
MultiShadow
MultiShadow

Back to top Go down

Post by sirreaper Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:56 am

gumby wrote:
Hobson wrote:@ Gumby, this "what kind of things were people getting banned for on the old forum?" could have gotten you banned.

well I hope you guys dont plan on replicating that kind of environment.

concerning women.  no one criticizes women in our culture.  having a place where men can talk freely about their experiences with women is incredibly valuable.  it not just valuable to boys who are having bad experiences and might feel isolated and alone, but its also helps women see their flaws.  i dont think women should be allowed to comment, since they will just react emotionally and i will spend all my time attacking them since they lie about their behavior.  but i think they should be allow to read the comments.

The mods here are not lax, but as a group there are the same things we dont want to speak of, nothing to do with violence or rape are the keys, no incel bullshit either, that's pretty much it. If you can deal with that, then pretty much everything else will be fair game. No random bannings, no random eggshell walking, and no swinging dicks try to compare dick size with other forums, or sites..NONE. I think everyone has learned their lesson from past fora what makes a great forum!
sirreaper
sirreaper

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.anonymous Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:46 am

Pretty much, sirreaper laid out how it is. We are in transition, to be sure- but not about to allow the place to get invaded by less than savory individuals. There's a lot of brothers out there that will benefit from what we have to pass on and need our support. Traditionally, from what I understand, this is a movement that has eaten its own.

We are not interested in seeing that trend continue. We have far greater challenges to deal with.
mr.anonymous
mr.anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by obmon Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:13 am

MultiShadow wrote:This is the type of logical arguments you can expect from women-

"Hypergamy is a trait that promotes species survival when surplus resources are scarce, yet you have the nerve to sit here in the twenty-first century, not the slightest bit EXTINCT, and call it evil.

That's from AVFM. The comment section from the article discussing (mocking) MGTOWForums being shut down.

She completely ignores that all of civilization was built by restraining hypergamy through traditionalism. It was intelligent men working together who built society, not men who were constantly competing for superficial and materialistic possessions to hand to women.

It's only now after traditionalism is gone, that the entire system is unraveling at the seams.

She goes on to call us petty, uninspired, mindless and juvenile misogynists.. so I'm not sure you're going to get the rational arguments that you're looking for.

Fuck that comment pissed me off. Hypergamy IS entitlement.. don't even get me started. I replied to that and got shamed by Dean Esmay. Mr. Know it all himself.

I vote no women on this forum. You want to argue with women, by all means, head to AVfM. The rest of the internet have women to interact with too. This place needs to be by men and for men.
obmon
obmon

Back to top Go down

Post by MultiShadow Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:52 am

obmon wrote:
MultiShadow wrote:This is the type of logical arguments you can expect from women-

Fuck that comment pissed me off. Hypergamy IS entitlement.. don't even get me started. I replied to that and got shamed by Dean Esmay. Mr. Know it all himself.

I vote no women on this forum. You want to argue with women, by all means, head to AVfM. The rest of the internet have women to interact with too. This place needs to be by men and for men.

Yep. Either it's an attempt at trolling or she doesn't know what hypergamy is.. but most of that article and comment section is just an attempt at trolling MGTOWs by strawmanning us as women-haters, misogynists, etc. It's probably best to take the high road and just ignore them.

But for the record -Hypergamy- Marriage to a person of a social status higher than one's own.

And when you take marriage out of the picture, you end up with women who are driven by their hindbrain to always look for the opportunity to latch onto a mate of higher status, and discard their current partner in the process.

And no, men are not hypergamous. Men who select a younger more fertile/virile mate still see their partners as the sole source/object of value. Women see men as tools to gain objects of value. This is why if the laws were reversed, men would not be as vindictive in their treatment of women. (Oh no, saying women can be vindictive, is going to be interpreted as being vindictive to them!  silent )
MultiShadow
MultiShadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobson Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:02 am

obmon wrote:

Yeah, I read that article and the following thread and was none too pleased by it. MgtowForums was no more a hate site than AVFM as was stated and not really challenged. GT66 made a few good posts as well another guy whose screen name I can't remember. And after looking at which comments got up & down voted it became even more clear that AVFM has it's place apart from a purely male space such as the old Forum. One female can poison the well quite easily on several different levels. Steering a conversation. Not shutting the fuck up. Turning other men on the forum into protectors and beginning cliques. You could see it clearly over there. That should not be this. In real life I've been physically attacked for calling a cunt a cunt. Why can't there be one fucking place in cyberspace where I can do this? Not all day long , but when appropriate. I ghost %90 of the time myself just to fuck with women who just spent two hours dolling themselves up. Who wants to tiptoe around the twats?
Hobson
Hobson

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.anonymous Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:52 am

I agree with you guys 100%. Women have been given the ability to take their instinctive lack of accountability and their volatile egos and hoist them up as badges of honor that we are all supposed to celebrate.

Not only that, when they are called out on their abhorrent behavior they use their daggers to slash into whomever has enough self respect and dignity to not accept it.

Naturally they have the ability to communicate effectively, and most of that can be summed up by this phrase:

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. They just continue to shriek when they don't get what they want and somebody gives up.

If you use logic and reasoning and do shut them up you still have to deal with their passive aggressive narcissism that could appear at any time in the future.

And of course there is another threat we don't want to deal. The lampreys known as White Knights will come right through the door standing up for the oppressed.

But you're right Hobson, who wants to tiptoe around them? I don't.

We want a safe harbor, and I don't see that as possible if they are here.
mr.anonymous
mr.anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by gumby Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:56 pm

sirreaper wrote:The mods here are not lax, but as a group there are the same things we dont want to speak of, nothing to do with violence or rape are the keys, no incel bullshit either, that's pretty much it.  If you can deal with that, then pretty much everything else will be fair game.  No random bannings, no random eggshell walking, and no swinging dicks try to compare dick size with other forums, or sites..NONE. I think everyone has learned their lesson from past fora what makes a great forum!

you mean no support of rape or violence right? my biggest problem with women that its socially acceptable for them to be violence with me and its a crime for me to defend myself. and i was actually accused of rape by an ex-girlfriend so i tend to bring it up a lot.
gumby
gumby

Back to top Go down

Post by Coastal Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:33 pm

One more vote for 'no wimminz ever' here!

It only takes a few women and suddenly they're busy dividing everyone into winners and losers, white knights and slobs. OTOH, if you really want the female point of view there's always... well, everything else on the entire planet, really.
Coastal
Coastal

Back to top Go down

Post by HamstaBlasta Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:52 pm

I'm excited about some of the experimental and non-echo-chamber stuff that'll happen here, but the jury is in, the defendant put on death row, put in the chair, and been buried and eaten by worms for a few years now, when it comes to having women in pro-male forums.  We've got better work ahead than hamster policing - which Jagr knows, of course; he ain't daft.

Not wanting to talk about a certain other place, and only briefly lurked over there due to these exceptional circumstances, but props to GT66 and FullyAwake in that thread.  Anyone come across FullyAwake elsewhere - does he have a blog or anything?  I liked the cut of his jib.

And to deal with the statement rather than the place... I smell a hamsta wot needs a blastin'!

What a load of bullshit.
"

We do the elementary (if you're a man anyway...) test of substituting terms:-

"Hypergamy The slaughter and enslavement of the weak and those in out-groups is a trait that promotes species survival when surplus resources are scarce, yet you have the nerve to sit here in the twenty-first century, not the slightest bit EXTINCT, and call it evil.

Then think of this being said by someone in the 'slaughtering and enslaving' class, to people who have recently had their lives and Culture and entire effing Civilisation destroyed by said 'slaughter and enslavement', in a space that claims to be dedicated to fighting and ending 'slaughter and enslavement'... well she's technically right but the 'like, yeah, whatevz, talk to the hand' tone is a bit off.  That she can't even comprehend why her tone is so outrageously off, is what we're up against, gents.  Ima keep fighting.
HamstaBlasta
HamstaBlasta

Back to top Go down

Post by sirreaper Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:49 pm

gumby wrote:
sirreaper wrote:The mods here are not lax, but as a group there are the same things we dont want to speak of, nothing to do with violence or rape are the keys, no incel bullshit either, that's pretty much it.  If you can deal with that, then pretty much everything else will be fair game.  No random bannings, no random eggshell walking, and no swinging dicks try to compare dick size with other forums, or sites..NONE. I think everyone has learned their lesson from past fora what makes a great forum!

you mean no support of rape or violence right?  my biggest problem with women that its socially acceptable for them to be violence with me and its a crime for me to defend myself.  and i was actually accused of rape by an ex-girlfriend so i tend to bring it up a lot.

Right. We don't want to really delve into those topics here, I can sympathize with false accusations, I had the same thing done to me when I was a kid, and it was disturbing to say the least. That kind of pain needs to be spoken about either through therapy or at other forums that have FRA's as the main theme (they are out there). Going your own way is different and does not need to really delve into these issues, as they are typically very negative in tone and don't add much to the particular forum, and the class of people that we want to keep, as they will make it go sideways and delve into topics not suitable for GYOW.

sirreaper
sirreaper

Back to top Go down

Post by phonebook Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:25 pm

Another vote for "no women". This should be a male-only space.
phonebook
phonebook

Back to top Go down

Post by phonebook Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:36 pm

sirreaper wrote:The mods here are not lax, but as a group there are the same things we dont want to speak of, nothing to do with violence or rape are the keys, no incel bullshit either, that's pretty much it. If you can deal with that, then pretty much everything else will be fair game. No random bannings, no random eggshell walking, and no swinging dicks try to compare dick size with other forums, or sites..NONE. I think everyone has learned their lesson from past fora what makes a great forum!

All that is fine by me.
phonebook
phonebook

Back to top Go down

Post by gumby Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:59 pm

sirreaper wrote:Right. We don't want to really delve into those topics here, I can sympathize with false accusations, I had the same thing done to me when I was a kid, and it was disturbing to say the least.  That kind of pain needs to be spoken about either through therapy or at other forums that have FRA's as the main theme (they are out there). Going your own way is different and does not need to really delve into these issues, as they are typically very negative in tone and don't add much to the particular forum, and the class of people that we want to keep, as they will make it go sideways and delve into topics not suitable for GYOW.

if you guys want to keep the tone positive here then you should definitely ban women. its isn't really possible for a woman to understand why men go their own way or to see it as something positive. all they will bring is problems.

and i only bring up my negative experiences with women as a warning the younger guys, not because i want to dwell on the past. men need to understand that it could happen to them.
gumby
gumby

Back to top Go down

Post by BeijaFlor Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:49 pm

gumby wrote:if you guys want to keep the tone positive here then you should definitely ban women.  its isn't really possible for a woman to understand why men go their own way or to see it as something positive.  all they will bring is problems.

and i only bring up my negative experiences with women as a warning the younger guys, not because i want to dwell on the past.  men need to understand that it could happen to them.
Yea, verily!!!

Gumby, one of my greatest concerns as a moderator is to spot the trolls AND THE WIMMENZZZ before they get a chance to infect this forum.
BeijaFlor
BeijaFlor

Back to top Go down

Post by gumby Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:07 am

BeijaFlor wrote:Gumby, one of my greatest concerns as a moderator is to spot the trolls AND THE WIMMENZZZ before they get a chance to infect this forum.

it think it will be funny when some poor girl tries to come here and "educate" us.
gumby
gumby

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.anonymous Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:17 am

They will try, because they cannot control themselves. Especially their enslaved male drones.

When it does occur, it will be a short lived experience.
mr.anonymous
mr.anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by BeijaFlor Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:35 pm

Thinking about "learning from the past" ... one of the lessons I hope we can learn is that internecine warfare is as bad for us as it might be for "our rivals." It seems to me that "internecine jealousy" is a major factor in the Gotterdammerung finish of MGTOW Forums.

I just posted this on MGTOW HQ, the board that several of Nacho's mods got set up, in a "Suggestions And Problems" thread that was one of the first they started on that board. I think it's every bit as applicable here, and I hope BOTH boards will take it to heart:

If this has been mentioned here, before ... please excuse me for mentioning it here, again.

I hope very sincerely that MGTOW HQ will keep a collegial attitude, toward other sites in the Manosphere.

A couple of years ago, one of the MRA sites hosted a "contest" between MRA/PUA/MGTOW ... to my mind, it was a fuster-cluck. I advanced the notion, in the comment thread after one of those articles, that MRA, PUA, and MGTOW are like the three legs of a tripod, or like the "Triad" structure of the USA's nuclear strike forces - three legs were stable and strong, and the interests of the three "legs" didn't necessarily overlap; but all three legs contributed to the Cause, in their own ways.

MRAs are doing stuff that we, as MGTOWs, decline to do. We may see them as Don Quixote tilting at windmills, but they are drawing flak, so they're hitting the target with their efforts. PUAs are playing a game that I personally see as pointless, but Game is going to teach them that AWALT, and AWALT is an entry to MGTOW. The factor that's closest to my heart is, we might be in different units, but we're fighting the same enemy for the same cause.

I've accepted a position as a moderator on Jagrmeister's "lifeboat board" on Forumotion, and I'll continue on GoingYourOwnWay.com when we get that up-and-running. In Nacho's universe, I'm sure that would certainly have put me clearly and irrevocably into the enemy camp. I hope that Jagr's (and my) board and MGTOW HQ won't veer off into the same kind of "us against them" mentality that Nacho displayed - when our relationship is much like that between the US Army's Rangers and the Special Forces. We may tease each other, like brothers tease each other - but when the chips are down, let's not forget that we are brothers!
BeijaFlor
BeijaFlor

Back to top Go down

Post by sirreaper Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:57 pm

gumby wrote:
sirreaper wrote:Right. We don't want to really delve into those topics here, I can sympathize with false accusations, I had the same thing done to me when I was a kid, and it was disturbing to say the least.  That kind of pain needs to be spoken about either through therapy or at other forums that have FRA's as the main theme (they are out there). Going your own way is different and does not need to really delve into these issues, as they are typically very negative in tone and don't add much to the particular forum, and the class of people that we want to keep, as they will make it go sideways and delve into topics not suitable for GYOW.

if you guys want to keep the tone positive here then you should definitely ban women.  its isn't really possible for a woman to understand why men go their own way or to see it as something positive.  all they will bring is problems.

and i only bring up my negative experiences with women as a warning the younger guys, not because i want to dwell on the past.  men need to understand that it could happen to them.

No female members here or at http://www.goingyourownway.com/, the spaces are and will be enforced as male only.

I understand the need to bring up these experiences. We want to share these experiences, but I would only ask that we stay away from the topics we spoke of. Its not a path we want to delve into on these fora, which leaves a wide berth of topics to speak of.  If you ever have questions on this, PM a mod or look at the sites credo (without the religiousness of the word) for guidance, we *ARE* here for the users as a guide. Smile

Cheers,

Reap.
sirreaper
sirreaper

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: