MGTOW - The Red Pill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Shopping Guides
For tech product reviews, see Myxa - buying advice on tech and electronics.

GSB and the fall of Enkidu

3 posters

Go down

GSB and the fall of Enkidu Empty GSB and the fall of Enkidu

Post by Male Theory Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:33 am

Greetings.

It has been most clarifying to listen to certain arguments for the gender specific behavior (GSB) in modern-day humans.

In this post I want to briefly restate and perhaps expand a bit on the causes of GSB, and on how it came to be as unevenly represented and skewed as we see in our society.
In addition I will take a look at what evidence there is for this in ancient cultures by taking a look at mytology.

The causes of GSB can be boiled down to one overarching cause: The biological one.
Picking this cause apart though, one might find that the specific reason may have one or more of many causes:

Cultural
Social
Psychological
Cognitive
Neurologic
Physiological
Genetic

Above is a simplified general ordering of the causes of behavior in humans as used by anthropologists.

We see that the genetic level acts as a base for all above and the neurological/physiological acts upon the ones above it etc.

We know that the social/cultural levels can impose itself back on the cognitive/psychological levels and all above the Neurologic/Physiological ones may impose back on theese. Physical trauma may also affect this level. All this mainly happens in a short term manner.

However the genetic level is never affected. At least if we look at it in a short term view and disregard outer agents as radiation etc.

From this, a general rule can be stated that the psychological/cognitive level is mainly influenced by the above in the short term and by the levels beneath in the long term.

Ok, so what does this all mean?

It means this: During the hundreds of thousands of years man has lived as hunter-gatherers before the first settlements, culture barely changed! The psychology and therefore, the behavior of individuals was more influenced by genetics by comparison.
Now, in contrast, 10000 years after the first permanent settlements the case is an entirely different one. Culture is now the ruler of psychology. It's the new kid on the block in comparison to genetics.
And feminism is todays cultures protégé and its main engine.
Feminism, therefore, now influences both genders psychology on a massive scale.

What happened?

The having of permanent settlements propagated the female instinct of collectivism that previously had been contained within the boundaries of family groups and tribes.
The merge between culture, feminism and civilization marked a momentous pivotal point in human history. The balance had shifted in favor of feminine ideals as opposed to male ideals. And feminism has been gaining territory until this day.

This brings me to the second point I wanted to make:
Can we find evidence from early civilizations that feminine ideals were invading a previously more balanced existence? What can we find in mythology?

Let's go back to The Epic of Gilgamesh.

The Epic of Gilgamesh is a sumerian story written in cuneiform on twelve clay tablets between 2750 and 2500 BCE. It is the story of the King of Uruk, Gilgamesh.

I am making the argument that the sumerians knew what  sex was the most proficient in domesticating male humans. That a woman, not a man, could tame any man however strong and powerful.

A short intro:
Gilgamesh, although being a great king and protector of Uruk, made the people of Uruk unhappy. What made them unhappy was that the King claimed the right to lay with any virgin before their husbands did. So the people prayed to the gods that they intervene to this.

The gods in turn sendt Enkidu to distract Gilgamesh. Both man and beast, he used to run in the wilderness among the animals. And he released the gain from the hunters traps making the hunters angry.

Gilgamesh listened to the complaints of the hunters and sends one of the harlots, Shamhat to deal with Enkidu:  (This first excerpt is taken from Tablet I)

Shamhat unclutched her bosom, exposed her sex, and he took in her voluptuousness.
She was not restrained, but took his energy.
She spread out her robe and he lay upon her,
she performed for the primitive the task of womankind.
His lust groaned over her;
for six days and seven nights Enkidu stayed aroused,
and had intercourse with the harlot
until he was sated with her charms.
But when he turned his attention to his animals,
the gazelles saw Enkidu and darted off,
the wild animals distanced themselves from his body.
Enkidu ... his utterly depleted(?) body,

Here we must observe the symbology of ancient culture. Enkidu represents the wild  man, the lone hunter-gatherer who dwells in the wilderness. Taking no interest in civilization, and all in all, he went his own way! This is not acceptable in the civilized world! He has to conform. He had to take the Blue Pill. And so the woman goes out to seduce and take his energy! Read: Energy means his physical power, his command over nature and his resistance to authority. It goes away and he looses his connection with nature as we see when the animals are afraid of him after the fact. The first step of his violent transformation is done.

Next, I quote a segment from the a little later in the story when Shamhat has taken Enkidu into the city of Uruk and gives him bread and beer: (This excerpt is taken from Tablet II)

The harlot spoke to Enkidu, saying:
"Eat the food, Enkidu, it is the way one lives.
Drink the beer, as is the custom of the land."
Enkidu ate the food until he was sated,
he drank the beer-seven jugs!-- and became expansive and sang with joy!
He was elated and his face glowed.
He splashed his shaggy body with water,
and rubbed himself with oil, and turned into a human.

I needn't comment much on this to make my point. As we see he gets marveled by the products of agriculture. His consumption of alcohol seals the deal. He will never remember his past glory.
His transformation is complete. He is now properly domesticated and Enkidu is easily coaxed to protect the hunters traps from lions instead.

I recommend you read the Epic of Gilgamesh yourself. Learn what wisdom can be gained from it. It is truly an amazing story. And it reveals a lot about what was deemed as important in ancient Sumeria.

This is where I leave you for now. There are plenty more myths to explore. Lots of history to remember. I urge you to go learn for yourself what men in many cultures at different times have come to realize of the uneven situation civilized man faces. It may not be very different from what MGTOW is doing in our own culture.

Thank you for reading.

Until next time.
Male Theory
Male Theory
Male Theory

Back to top Go down

GSB and the fall of Enkidu Empty Re: GSB and the fall of Enkidu

Post by Male Theory Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:42 am

Oh, I forgot: Here is a link to the Epic of Gilgamesh! Smile
http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/mesopotamian/gilgamesh/
Male Theory
Male Theory

Back to top Go down

Post by Jagrmeister Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Fascinating read.

It means this: During the hundreds of thousands of years man has lived as hunter-gatherers before the first settlements, culture barely changed! The psychology and therefore, the behavior of individuals was more influenced by genetics by comparison.
Now, in contrast, 10000 years after the first permanent settlements the case is an entirely different one. Culture is now the ruler of psychology. It's the new kid on the block in comparison to genetics.

The role of culture and biology in shaping behavior is an interesting one.  And one I hope we explore more deeply.  Increasingly I see evo-psych rationalizations to all of a woman's behavior, somehow ignoring the role of agency and the ability of humans to override their instincts.

The interesting question to me is: why has man forgotten wisdom he understood about human nature long ago?  I have a strong suspicion that this memory lapse was not accidental. I doubt it was merely that the conventional wisdom was overwhelmed by newfangled progressivism.  If the collective wisdom of man is destroyed by those who influence the channels of communication- most significantly, the church, the educational system, and the press - than each generation must wander onto the playing field completely lacking the rules of the game, only to understand them at the bitter end.  

The Red Pill is nothing that should even need to be taught to adults.  Each man should have been taught that growing up.  That he was not suggests that some very clever people, in a form of social engineering, did much worse than burn down the Library of Alexandria.  They intentionally obscured the knowledge of our ancestors about how to structure society, gender roles, so that we might live in peace with one another.  Now, we have to rack our brains to explain and understand something that was considered common sense millennia ago.
Jagrmeister
Jagrmeister
Admin

https://mgtow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavian Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:52 pm

Jagrmeister wrote:Fascinating read.

The role of culture and biology in shaping behavior is an interesting one.  And one I hope we explore more deeply.  Increasingly I see evo-psych rationalizations to all of a woman's behavior, somehow ignoring the role of agency and the ability of humakqns to override their instincts.

The interesting question to me is: why has man forgotten wisdom he understood about human nature long ago?  I have a strong suspicion that this memory lapse was not accidental.  I doubt it was merely that the conventional wisdom was overwhelmed by newfangled progressivism.  If the collective wisdom of man is destroyed by those who influence the channels of communication- most significantly, the church, the educational system, and the press - than each generation must wander onto the playing field completely lacking the rules of the game, only to understand them at the bitter end.  

The Red Pill is nothing that should even need to be taught to adults.  Each man should have been taught that growing up.  That he was not suggests that some very clever people, in a form of social engineering, did much worse than burn down the Library of Alexandria.  They intentionally obscured the knowledge of our ancestors about how to structure society, gender roles, so that we might live in peace with one another.  Now, we have to rack our brains to explain and understand something that was considered common sense millennia ago.

It's a lot like the Great Pyramids. We've put a man on the moon, but to this day cannot explain concretely how the Ancient Egyptians built such a durable monument. Even today with modern technology building such a creation would cost billions of dollars .

The trouble with humanity is theres no lasting repository of knowledge that we can call upon.The next generation only has what it knows from the previous generation, and no generation can acquire knowledge denied to it's predecessors.We've rediscovered what men understood as common sense long, long ago. The reason were were not educated on the true venal nature of Females is because our own parents never were taught themselves.By the time they knew the truth via practical experience it was really too late to make a difference.In my case, I had to learn via osmosis having been raised by a single mother.

As to who buried what knowledge when, it's honestly besides the point.The damage is done. For every man going his own way, there are ten empowered women punching out kids like giving birth is going to be banned tomorrow.All to be raised by criminals, thugs , or by the lone watch of a materialistic shell of a person. And so on it will go, until we become old men in a barbaric parody of civilization. The best we cab hope for in terms of future prosperity-besides a time machine- is hopefully leaving some kind of "Final MGTOW Will and Testament- This is how we Fucked up our Civilization, so please don't do what we Did! Vol. 1"

One hopes a brave scientist generations from now will unearth it, translate it, and enshrine it's warnings early enough in the lifecycle of The Next Civilization to avert our fate.

Octavian

Back to top Go down

Post by Male Theory Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:46 am

Jagr: You are right. Teach it to our children and write it in stone. That seems to be the strategy of every culture of olden times. Human beings are in the mythmaking business. Either we stand on the conscious side or the unconscious one we end up as the myth of the next millennia.

I believe that before we can override any instictual behaviors we must first identify them. And then perhaps we will find that our perdicament is not that we must override more, but less. "Know thyself" - Ancient greek proverb.

Octavian: I like this: "Final MGTOW Will and Testament- This is how we Fucked up our Civilization, so please don't do what we Did! Vol. 1" This is exactly what we need to do. And more; we need to piece together the technologies of ancient times and start using them straight away.

What is up with the word "myth" in our culture has come to mean "not true"? That is a fallacy, I believe, wich is grave indeed.

Did you know that Plato was the first person on record to say that there is a difference between science and myth? Before that point the two were considered the same thing. And since Plato our culture has only widened the gap between science and myth. What in our science may be considered myth? And what in our myth may be considered science?

Is it possible to draw from myths to create a piece of technology? I think so:

Carl Jung was deeply interrested in mythology, and actively used them as a means to adress psychological issues.

Isaac Newton was a MGTOW if there ever was one. He never married, he studied ancient myths and he made a name for himself in physics.

What Next Civilization will there be? If we fail this one and go back to the middle age. Or to an even even darker past. they will emerge out of it again finding our earths crust strangely depleted of metals and fossil fuels. They will encounter our radio active waist burial sites and forever wonder what gods used to dwell here. They will not have the same greatness as we achieved. We will make our testament and will, agreed. But primarily to the very next generation. Secondarily to a lost child in the distant future.
Male Theory
Male Theory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum