MGTOW - The Red Pill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Shopping Guides
For tech product reviews, see Myxa - buying advice on tech and electronics.

Attention: Veterans of MGTOWForums

5 posters

Go down

Attention: Veterans of MGTOWForums Empty Attention: Veterans of MGTOWForums

Post by Jagrmeister Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:50 pm

MGTOWForums appears to be accessible (but not useable- cannot login, etc.). I encourage you to search your handle and retrieve your best posts if you can (esp. threads you started). It may be a good idea to re-post some of them at the new forum when we're there. I may create a separate section (ie: wisdom from the past) to include these posts. The old MF forums go up and down; but seize the moment to retrieve all your hard work. We can't easily recover Rep that we built up, but most of the advice, insights are timeless and would be good to have on the new forum.
Jagrmeister
Jagrmeister
Admin

https://mgtow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Attention: Veterans of MGTOWForums Empty Re: Attention: Veterans of MGTOWForums

Post by Jagrmeister Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:05 pm

You can see some of my experimentation on this here.

What seems to work is: copy and paste your thread into Word/Open Office, save as .doc. Copy and paste from there to the new forum. There are some font issues that may have to be modified slightly. If anyone finds a better way, do let us know.
Jagrmeister
Jagrmeister
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.anonymous Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:29 pm

It's pretty hobbled up. I was considering pulling my Intro, but can't view all of my posts. I'll just start anew I guess. But, it would be nice to have a lot of your material back. Have no idea what Nacho is up to. He's probably just trying to generate hits, or screwing with us, or sobering up.

We may never know. It's just strange.
mr.anonymous
mr.anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GT66 Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:32 pm

wget can grab an entire page and save it as html to your PC. Unfortunately, it cannot follow multiple pages so you'd have to wget each page of a thread.

after you download wget, you run it from the command line. Find the post or thread page you want and copy the URL. Go to the command window and run wget <selected url>.

It will copy the page and save it to the same directory. wget can grab everything and I thought I read of somebody doing that but unless you can let it run for days and have lots of disk storage and ambition to fish through all that, I'd just try to get specific stuff.

GT66

Back to top Go down

Post by GT66 Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:38 pm

You can also fish through a snapshot of mgtowforums on the Wayback machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/20140125085736/http://www.mgtowforums.com/forums/forum.php

GT66

Back to top Go down

Post by Jagrmeister Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:29 am

One tip.

*Go to a Forum like General

*Sort by Thread Starter (click Thread Starter column header)

*Find your UserName alphabetically (by using pagination links)- you'll see all the threads you started. This is a good way to find some of your best posts.

I tried the search option (search 'jagrmeister'), but search usually only gives a few pages (i think max 7) and most of those are not ones you started. There may be a more efficient way, but this worked for me.
Jagrmeister
Jagrmeister
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.anonymous Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:36 am

I just left there. I was able to log in, click on my user name in one of my posts and I did have the option to pull up ALL of my posts.

Interesting thing though. A lot of the foul language was "****" out. It seemed as if someone was making the old posts more "all ages friendly".
It was like the Walmart version of everyone's colorful language.

Strange. Again.
mr.anonymous
mr.anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AdTheBad Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:49 am

mr.anonymous wrote:I just left there. I was able to log in, click on my user name in one of my posts and I did have the option to pull up ALL of my posts.

Interesting thing though. A lot of the foul language was "****" out. It seemed as if someone was making the old posts more "all ages friendly".
It was like the Walmart version of everyone's colorful language.

Strange. Again.

Yes, its definately being sanitised. I'll bet its going to be left up as a read only archive and that the sanitisation is to fend off the folks who want the board wiped?

But dont stop archiving and reposting the threads,it could still go, but I think the admin is giving us time.
AdTheBad
AdTheBad

Back to top Go down

Post by jso Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:12 pm

I don't see the point in bothering with my own posts. they were all written stream of consciousness style.

if they die, they die.
jso
jso

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.anonymous Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:44 pm

To be real honest I took a lot of what I thought was decent, and kinda realized that I want to have a new tone from here. The majority of my stuff was out of anger, and I intend to change that.
mr.anonymous
mr.anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum