MGTOW - The Red Pill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Shopping Guides
For tech product reviews, see Myxa - buying advice on tech and electronics.
Similar topics

A New Beginning

+9
    Nicotine_Fiend
    LuckyYoungMGHOW
    Drunkenmaster
    Sargon of Akkad
    unplugged
    PointermanKS
    Hammerhead
    Hobson
    Jagrmeister
    13 posters

Go down

A New Beginning Empty A New Beginning

Post by Jagrmeister Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:45 am

A New Beginning Sunris10

Wow, today was a hard day.   And it's just Monday.   Sorry, I had to begin with a bit of dark humor Smile

I've gone through Kubler-Ross' 5 stages of grief in a record time of about 3 hours:

Denial: I literally scanned Nacho's post a dozen times and it would not sink in.  I kept thinking this is a joke, or it's temporary.  It can't end.  Not like this.  Ok, read it again....

Anger: How?  How could you just shut things down without warning?  Even that grimy 24 Hour Fitness location that smelled like the funk of 40,000 years gave me a heads up before they closed down.

Bargaining: I clicked every link on the MGTOWForums site to see if I could somehow jury-rig my way into the threads, and reconnect with people.  I tried to find a link to email Nacho.  I went to the newly created MGTOWCentral to see if there is someway to reach him.  If I could talk to him, we could get past whatever is bugging him.

Depression: Well, I never really entered this phase.  I decided to act instead.  Click, type, take a leak, click, type, and popped out this forum.  With the help of ALOT of people, we got the word out through Reddit, AVfM, using the chat function on MGTOWForums, and God knows how else.  It's a minor miracle we're all here.

Acceptance: I am actually excited.  Excited because the fact that we found each other despite the circumstances shows that this community cannot be erased.  And excited because we have a chance to start fresh.  

--

Victor Hugo famously said that armies cannot stop an idea whose time has come.  That time is now for MGTOW.  The time to bring its promise to every guy stuck in the Matrix who can't figure out why his life is the way it is despite doing everything the Blue Pill society told him to.   To live our lives to the fullest potential - with the help of a community and support of like minds, always there to give us the counterpoint to a day's worth of brainwashing courtesy of every media outlet, and even well-intentioned friends and family.

As SirReaper has said, the idea is too important to leave to any one individual.  MGTOW is greater than any one person.  If even now, we split into different camps, the fire has been lit, and the torch is carried on- there is no one path.  And long after we're all gone, we'll know that we planted the seeds for men that come after us - against whom feminism and its aftereffects will never have the advantage of surprise.    

As we start to put our roots down again, think about what you want out of a MGTOW community.  Was there something you thought should be emphasized or talked about that we didn't or couldn't before?  I have some opinions, but I want to hear from you too.  PM me.   I'm an optimist.  Neither AWALT nor hypergamy nor an ugly feminist can ruin my day.  Carpe Diem.  Carpe Noctum.  Being MGTWOW, the world is our oyster- we are not sleep-walking through a preconfigured path for corporate drone slaves to churn out more corporate drone slaves.  Being single is a wonderful thing, not a problem to solve.  Let's build a community that not only deconstructs feminism's untruths, but centers around what untethered male freedom really means in terms of living a great life.

Looking forward to re-building our community, one step at a time.  And I'll have more about future plans soon.
    Jagrmeister
    Jagrmeister
    Admin

https://mgtow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A New Beginning Empty Re: A New Beginning

Post by Hobson Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:32 am

Howdy Jagr & all. What an excellent intro to this new space. So this is yet another forum set up to replace the MgtowForums that has clearly displaced us(there's a dozen already). I hope Nacho is OK and all that content survives somehow. It was shocking to see people writing introductions then all of a sudden "the end" & "farewell". Change is good. I've read about the history behind these boards and it's my understanding that they continue to grow and evolve. This evolution will obviously continue, onward and outward.
    Hobson
    Hobson

Back to top Go down

A New Beginning Empty Support

Post by Hammerhead Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:01 am

Jagr,
      Once you can get things smoothed out, please let me know how I can assist (although I have minimal IT knowledge) and contribute (i.e., $) to help defray mainenance costs.
    Also, a suggestion: Perhaps there should be a minimal charge for membership, to reduce the troll population?
    Hammerhead
    Hammerhead

Back to top Go down

Post by PointermanKS Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:20 am

Jagr,
    Just a suggestion and I don't know what you do for a living so I am spit balling here but I believe that there are several IT professionals on the board. I have done telecom for over 25 years. I am sure if you put out a call and need some assistance we would all be glad to help out if needed.
    PointermanKS
    PointermanKS

Back to top Go down

Post by unplugged Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:04 am

Hey Jagr,
    First, I want to say thanks for bringing up this forum so fast. A quick Google search on "mgtowforums down" pointed me to your Reddit article and I hope you'll recognize me by my handle. I graduated in Computer Science, been a Software Engineer for 10 years, and currently work for a company that gets over 5 million unique hits a month. I run my own personal cloud server that hosts some of my personal websites that's highly under utilized and would like to help out. I can send you a PM of my contact info and the work I've done.
    unplugged
    unplugged

Back to top Go down

Post by Sargon of Akkad Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:50 am

Why do I feel like this the beginning of Star Wars, and there's a feminist Star Destroyer chasing us? Very Happy

Sargon of Akkad

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunkenmaster Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Ok think back to any of my posts I said it before , "the hardest thing to kill is an idea" .Once that idea has been spread it Is impossible to erase beyond killing all the people who have it . We are not dead , far from it yes this action by nacho hurt , no doubts . The idea lives and so do we look how quickly we have found each other , nacho may have given up and that's his right , I know we haven't . No idea how a welder could ever possibly help run this but if I can I will . Ty Jagr , once again I am very proud of you , seeing how you have handled the crisis and reacted is a pleasure . perhaps this is all for the better now we will have to grow .
    Drunkenmaster
    Drunkenmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyYoungMGHOW Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:21 pm

Hot damn, I thought we were well and truly screwed but good work Jagr. I hope Nacho is ok, his forum was something that got me here so I owe him a debt. It's good to see a new forum back and I have high hopes for it!
    LuckyYoungMGHOW
    LuckyYoungMGHOW

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicotine_Fiend Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:23 pm

PointermanKS wrote:Jagr,
      Just a suggestion and I don't know what you do for a living so I am spit balling here but I believe that there are several IT professionals on the board.  I have done telecom for over 25 years.  I am sure if you put out a call and need some assistance we would all be glad to help out if needed.

I am (or rather, my box is) in the process of building a mirror of the old forum.  I'm no website guy, so when the crawling is complete, assuming that the material I managed to save is sufficiently complete, I'll compress the entire mirror site into a zip archive and find somewhere to make it available for download.

Nicotine_Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueTurtle Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:34 am

This is amazing.  Thanks to Jagr and everyone else who passed on the word.  Without them I wouldn't have found this place.  Doesn't look too different from the old one.  GT66, over at Happy Bachelors posted this URL.  Without it, I wouldn't have found this place.
    TheBlueTurtle
    TheBlueTurtle

Back to top Go down

Post by obmon Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:22 am

Ah.. home.
    obmon
    obmon

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:52 am

The future of mgtow forums is looking positively optimistic.
    Razer
    Razer

Back to top Go down

Post by BeijaFlor Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:42 pm

Spotted a comment on MGTOW HQ, likening Happy Bachelors to a gentlemen's club and the old MGTOW Forums to something more like a biker's bar ... On reflection, I realized the comparison was a little short.

I'd add two words to describe MGTOW Forums - the old one, and the new ones a-borning:

Emotional triage.

We got the guys whose lives had just been shattered, the walking wounded and the worse-wounded. We got the fresh cases of PTSD (Post-Twat Stress Disorder), the guys who had been gutted by Conniving Cupcake and her merry band of White Knights down at the courthouse, the poor bastards who had just been let out on the street again after spending time in the pokey under accusations of Domestic Violence. We were those guys, most of us, when we first rolled in the door. (I wasn't; I grew up MGTOW, decades before the term was invented. As did Zed. As did some others among us.)

We helped each other recover. We shared the hurt, and it diminished; we shared the laughter, and it helped even more. If we were a biker bar, we were the kind of bar where the poor fresh-screwed bastards would come to drink enough to forget about it, drink enough to numb the pain, and get over it enough that they could go back to shoveling the fuckin' gravel, the next day, and the next. And we hung out together, and became friends, and shared our stories and our advice and our shits'n'giggles, and we recovered.

I heard that when the old MGTOW ProBoard was shut down, it took less than a week before Nacho built MGTOW Forums. Now, when he closed it down - on its third anniversary, and our old comrade Zed has said that three years is the average time-to-failure for a hard-core active activist - it took less than 24 hours for the Phoenix-eggs of MGTOW HQ and Going Your Own Way to hatch out of the ashes of our old nest.

That's what men do in a crisis. Because we needed this place - these places, now.
    BeijaFlor
    BeijaFlor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down