MGTOW - The Red Pill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Shopping Guides
For tech product reviews, see Myxa - buying advice on tech and electronics.

Farewell, Snowbird

3 posters

Go down

Farewell, Snowbird Empty Farewell, Snowbird

Post by BeijaFlor Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:44 pm

My old brethren on MGTOW Forums might remember the "Show Us Your Ride" thread ... where I posted a photo of my Piper Tri-Pacer airplane, "Snowbird."

Well ... today, I finally signed over the Snowbird to a fellow who's going to restore the fuselage and give my birdie a New Home.

It was bittersweet to see her again, fun to go through the "stuff" that I'd left aboard as I quietly abandoned her at the airport where she'd languished after I gave up on flying her, and deeply satisfying to know that she was going to be reborn, like a Phoenix out of the ashes, to fly again ... hopefully, to fly to the extended potential that I'd built into her, with six-hour-range fuel tanks and full all-weather flight capabilities.

But ... after my mother (and 99%-often copilot) went West, much of the pleasure in flying went with her. After I had the wings re-covered - at great expense - I was out of the habit of flying. And after Nine-Eleven-2001, the restrictions that Homeland Security had put on flying in my neighborhood had gotten so onerous that it wasn't worth it ... not to me ... not any more.

So, today, the Snowbird was hauled off on a trailer, by a guy who knows a lot about restoring planes like her. I helped him remove the wings and load and secure her on his trailer, to haul back to his home - well outside of the flight-restriction zone. I lost a lot of money on her ... but she'd gone from "airplane" to "project" in the last few years. Her new owner is both dedicated and qualified for making her airworthy again, and flying her.

I did bring home her mascot, "Bärli," the little teddy-bear that my last USA girlfriend had given me a few months before she jilted me and I bought the Snowbird to cope with the loss! I've cried my tears ... kissed Snowbird goodbye ... and frankly, tonight, I'm happy that the Snowbird will be used as an airplane, again.

(And Dan, her new owner, has promised me a ride in her when she's flying again. Thank you, Dan.)
BeijaFlor
BeijaFlor

Back to top Go down

Farewell, Snowbird Empty Re: Farewell, Snowbird

Post by Octavian Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:56 am

Please be sure to share with us when you do go back up in the 'ol girl.

Octavian

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.anonymous Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:23 am

I was looking up my old base. The wing I was assigned to retired the fleet they had that I worked on. Two of the birds are now serving as Museum pieces. Sure enough, one that I worked on frequently is one of them.

Both of them still look great, too. Even from Google Satellite pics and internet pics. They could have those birds flying again in no time if they wanted to.
mr.anonymous
mr.anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum