MGTOW - The Red Pill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Shopping Guides
For tech product reviews, see Myxa - buying advice on tech and electronics.

Hypergamy in Action: How do I break up with old boyfriend of 4 years for a new, better guy of 1 year?

+7
Knightscribe
Octavian
Drunkenmaster
BeijaFlor
ubermensch
WheelBarrow
Strong_Hand
11 posters

Go down

Hypergamy in Action: How do I break up with old boyfriend of 4 years for a new, better guy of 1 year? Empty Hypergamy in Action: How do I break up with old boyfriend of 4 years for a new, better guy of 1 year?

Post by Strong_Hand Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:20 pm

http://www.quora.com/Dating-and-Relationships-1/How-do-I-break-up-with-old-boyfriend-of-4-years-for-a-new-better-guy-of-1-year

Dating and Relationships: How do I break up with old boyfriend of 4 years for a new, better guy of 1 year? I've been dating my current boyfriend for 4 years he's a good guy. Only this other guy who started out as only a friend because I was already taken, is looking more interesting and much more exciting and he's dreamy model hot looking. I've hung out with him for a year as a friend, and he keeps asking me out. They both make around the same salary, everything else is similar. wrote:Dating and Relationships: How do I break up with old boyfriend of 4 years for a new, better guy of 1 year?
I've been dating my current boyfriend for 4 years he's a good guy. Only this other guy who started out as only a friend because I was already taken, is looking more interesting and much more exciting and he's dreamy model hot looking. I've hung out with him for a year as a friend, and he keeps asking me out. They both make around the same salary, everything else is similar.

The first answer by a PUA/dating coach is interesting:

I'm going to help you, by telling you how this is going to end.

In less than a year, you're going to end up losing both men, and be filled with self-loathing at the horrible choices you made in the preceding year, while you chow down on a tub of ice cream on February 14th, 2015.

In that dark moment, when you fire up Quora and reread your question from a year ago, your mind will be filled with befuddlement - "How the hell did this Kai chap know so much in advance? Is he a sorcerer or some sort of psychic?"

Nope.

But the answers are right there in your question.

1. The fact that you fixate on "they both make the same salary" and "dreamy model hot looking" aspects of the two men is telling.

You didn't care to mention the shared history you had with your four-year relationship, the moral character /thoughtfulness/ intelligence /kindness of your current boyfriend.

They are irrelevant to you.

From your point of view, the man you're with is a salary and a face.

By that metric, the new guy is the same salary, but with a better face. Clearly, this means you "deserve" to upgrade to the better model, since they're otherwise interchangeable.

To you, this is the equation you're evaluating:

Time to upgrade to the better Christian.

2. I've hung out with him for a year as a friend, and he keeps asking me out.

So not only is Mr. Dreamy-model-hot-looking guy the sort of douchy dickwad willing to hit on a woman who is in an exclusive relationship ... he is willing to repeatedly do so after being (presumably) rebuffed at first for over a year?

Looks like you have a real winner here.

I have male friends who maintain multiple girlfriends, those in polyamorous relationships, and those who only are in serious monogamous relationships. The one thing they have in common is that they are honest and communicate with clarity and directness with the women whose beds they share.

My time is precious, and I do not waste it consorting with backstabbing dickwads who lie to women (or men).

Here's the harsh truth:

Your dreamy-model-hot "upgrade" is a low-class scumbag willing to creep around another man's back for over a year to seduce a woman who is in an established relationship.

Clearly, he holds the sanctity of others' relationships in low regard.

How do you think he will treat his relationship with you, once you open heart and body to him?

With all that said - you've already committed emotional infidelity, regardless of whether you've slept with this guy or not (though if I were a betting man, I'd wager you already have).

You are unfit to be in a relationship with an honest man, and you should do your current boyfriend a favor and formally end things, so he can be free to be with someone worthy of being loved by him.

Go and enjoy your fling with Mr. Dreamy-Model-Hot-Guy for the [X] months that it lasts. And when you discover he is cheating on you with another woman he seduced away from her boyfriend/husband, please come back to Quora and fire up the anonymous question:

"Help!!! How do I get over being cheated on and dumped by a dreamy-model-hot guy/How do I get back my loyal boyfriend of 4 years?"

If you A2A me, I promise I will answer that question.

Though I suspect you will probably dislike that answer as much as you dislike this one. Razz
Strong_Hand
Strong_Hand

Back to top Go down

Hypergamy in Action: How do I break up with old boyfriend of 4 years for a new, better guy of 1 year? Empty Re: Hypergamy in Action: How do I break up with old boyfriend of 4 years for a new, better guy of 1 year?

Post by WheelBarrow Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:15 pm

And the hamster shakes it off and goes her merry way...
WheelBarrow
WheelBarrow

Back to top Go down

Hypergamy in Action: How do I break up with old boyfriend of 4 years for a new, better guy of 1 year? Empty Re: Hypergamy in Action: How do I break up with old boyfriend of 4 years for a new, better guy of 1 year?

Post by ubermensch Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:00 pm

What a fucking cunt.

There, my first angry post on the forum.

ubermensch

Back to top Go down

Post by BeijaFlor Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:20 pm

ubermensch wrote:What a fucking cunt.

There, my first angry post on the forum.

Yeah, about time you started.  Twisted Evil 

And about time we started slamming the Advice-To-The-Lovelorn Follies again.  clown 
BeijaFlor
BeijaFlor

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunkenmaster Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:51 pm

Well thought out analysis by the responder , and I think potentially spot on .
Drunkenmaster
Drunkenmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavian Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:53 pm

Lets translate this from cunt-hili into readable , decipherable text.

Typical woman can't lock down Guy A, because his girlfriend is better in bed and appearance then the author .Because nuking her social club on an unknown investment is bad marketing, she needs guidance on how to poach someone else's business share without alerting her current annuity. Barring that, she's looking for insider info on the long term stock to see if the value is worth the social heat.

Women. Once you reach a certain point of udnerstanding, they're like a math function.Plug in "x" , factor out the hypergamy, and you've got the materialistic result.

Octavian

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightscribe Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:33 pm

That PUA coach hit the nail on the head, I'll give credit where it's due. But Princess won't be convinced she won't have her fairy tale ending when all is said an done; too bad it'll involve a stand-up guy getting his heart ripped out for doing nothing but what he believed to be the right thing. I try not to wish suffering on these types of people, but they don't make it very easy.
Knightscribe
Knightscribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy_Hour Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:24 am

"By that metric, the new guy is the same salary, but with a better face. Clearly, this means you "deserve" to upgrade to the better model, since they're otherwise interchangeable."

This line is bang-on about the sense of entitlement. Remember guys, you're LTR with your GF/wife is not only about what she wants and needs, but especially about what she deserves. From YOU!  Twisted Evil
Happy_Hour
Happy_Hour

Back to top Go down

Post by obmon Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:47 am

The disposable male.... do NOT be that guy.

Notice all the other answers.. the women telling her to go for it.. and the men telling her the truth...
obmon
obmon

Back to top Go down

Post by GabrielKnight Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:49 pm

And here we have another MGTOW in the making...
GabrielKnight
GabrielKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Coastal Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:57 pm

Knightscribe wrote:That PUA coach hit the nail on the head, I'll give credit where it's due.  But Princess won't be convinced she won't have her fairy tale ending when all is said an done; too bad it'll involve a stand-up guy getting his heart ripped out for doing nothing but what he believed to be the right thing.
On the plus side, history proves the red pill is most effective when delivered as a suppository.
Coastal
Coastal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum