MGTOW - The Red Pill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Shopping Guides
For tech product reviews, see Myxa - buying advice on tech and electronics.
Similar topics

It's so interesting to reread this classic.

+5
    sirreaper
    HamstaBlasta
    phonebook
    Jagrmeister
    youdislikemyopinion
    9 posters

Go down

It's so interesting to reread this classic. Empty It's so interesting to reread this classic.

Post by youdislikemyopinion Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:32 am

http://www.mgtowforums.com/forums/classics/10129-mgtow-forums-dont-fail-me-now.html

I find it incredibly informative and telling of fate, especially looking back retrospectively.

youdislikemyopinion

Back to top Go down

It's so interesting to reread this classic. Empty Re: It's so interesting to reread this classic.

Post by Jagrmeister Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:56 am

Wow. Very interesting indeed. Our very own mod SirR was courageous enough to post that original letter despite the very real possibility of blowback.

The signs were all there. This is another why in the aftermath of MGTOWForums: let a thousand flowers bloom. Why? All of us turned a blind eye to draconian moderation because there really was no place to go. Man learns quickly to cope with what he cannot change. So let there be the MGTOWHQ site and GoingYourOwnWay and the others. All the better for the users to go where they're getting the best experience.
    Jagrmeister
    Jagrmeister
    Admin

https://mgtow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

It's so interesting to reread this classic. Empty Re: It's so interesting to reread this classic.

Post by phonebook Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:10 am

This is really interesting. But it's always best to live in the present, there is really no better time to adapt and go your own way, otherwise, you're either stuck in the past wishing for what was (such as marriage 1.0), or stuck in the future, not knowing what to do (keep walking on eggshells). Feminism has freed us, and the blow-up has also freed us.

I'm a noob though and never posted on the old board so I may not be in a position to say, but at least that's my perspective.
    phonebook
    phonebook

Back to top Go down

Post by HamstaBlasta Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:14 pm

Admin wrote:Wow.  Very interesting indeed.  Our very own mod SirR was courageous enough to post that original letter despite the very real possibility of blowback.  

The signs were all there.  This is another why in the aftermath of MGTOWForums: let a thousand flowers bloom.  Why?  All of us turned a blind eye to draconian moderation because there really was no place to go.  Man learns quickly to cope with what he cannot change.  So let there be the MGTOWHQ site and GoingYourOwnWay and the others.  All the better for the users to go where they're getting the best experience.

Though hopefully it'll have a happier ending than the original 'Hundred Flowers bloom' did. Shocked

Razz  

HamstaBlasta
    HamstaBlasta

Back to top Go down

Post by sirreaper Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Admin wrote:Wow.  Very interesting indeed.  Our very own mod SirR was courageous enough to post that original letter despite the very real possibility of blowback.  

The signs were all there.  This is another why in the aftermath of MGTOWForums: let a thousand flowers bloom.  Why?  All of us turned a blind eye to draconian moderation because there really was no place to go.  Man learns quickly to cope with what he cannot change.  So let there be the MGTOWHQ site and GoingYourOwnWay and the others.  All the better for the users to go where they're getting the best experience.

Quite right Jagr. This was the thread that almost did get me banned, and instead I believe became a stickied or "classic" thread. Weird that I felt it could go either way at the previous forum....as for it being somewhat foreshadowing, its kind of eerie too...
    sirreaper
    sirreaper

Back to top Go down

Post by jso Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:34 pm

that post could have been written a few days ago and it would still be right on.
    jso
    jso

Back to top Go down

Post by HamstaBlasta Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:44 pm

Aye, but at least a solid line has been drawn now that has irrevocably ended all of that: the mods have repeatedly made it plain,since, that they also hated that atmosphere, and that they won't be repeating it on their watch.

The atmosphere over at HQ is very palpably more free and relaxed, and everyone's enjoying that, including the mods. Smile 

Even at the old place, it wasn't much of a secret what the fairly despotic vibe was, to anyone who even briefly lurked there. It made no bones about what it was, and you joined if you felt that the gains from discussing things there outweighed the negative of having to be very careful in what you said, and biting you tongue from time to time. I pondered that for over a year before I decided to join, and also 'knew' that my final post to Nacho would almost certainly get me banned before I typed it, but did so anyway - it was easy enough to make 'eyes wide open' choices there, for the most part.

[I've seen this come up a few times here, so just to say it again for the record: Usually the offending post that got someone banned would be deleted; which made bannings often seem far more arbitrary than they were, as you went through their post history to try to find out why they were banned. Also, the mods stated that if anybody wanted to know why a specific dude they liked got banned, they could PM a mod and would be told why.

I'm certainly not defending the old regime, since I effin hate tyranny, and value free speech, even more than most, but just stating a few truths for the record.]
    HamstaBlasta
    HamstaBlasta

Back to top Go down

Post by Rouleur Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:08 pm

sirreaper wrote:

Quite right Jagr. This was the thread that almost did get me banned, and instead I believe became a stickied or "classic" thread. Weird that I felt it could go either way at the previous forum....as for it being somewhat foreshadowing, its kind of eerie too...

If I was a mod, I would have deleted the thread and asked you to fix all the grammatical errors before re-posting.

Or maybe just fixed them myself.

Nacho did have standards. I liked that.
    Rouleur
    Rouleur

Back to top Go down

Post by sirreaper Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:36 pm

Rouleur wrote:
    sirreaper wrote:

If I was a mod, I would have deleted the thread and asked you to fix all the grammatical errors before re-posting.

Or maybe just fixed them myself.

Nacho did have standards. I liked that.

It was likely one of those old cell phone posts, I agree grammar and flow are important. Standards are also important, as long as everyone knows what they are and there is transparency.
    sirreaper
    sirreaper

Back to top Go down

Post by GT66 Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Not that I was a fan of Nacho's (increasing) volatility but I don't get the value in repeatedly dumping on the guy. He did some things right and he did some things wrong. It's easy to point out his flaws and say, "this is how I would have done it different" until you actually have to follow through.

I absolutely did get the "walking on egg shells" vibe but you know what? It did have the benefit of making me think about what I wanted to say: was it relevant? Did it comply with the general nature of the forum and conversation? Would it start a needless shit storm? And yes, would it send Nacho into a rage and get me banned? In the totality of my experience though, there probably wasn't much that I self-censored out of fear of banning. And, let me add I did far better posting on Nacho's site than on either MABTW or AVFMforums with supposedly more loose liberal rules and more free speech. As I recall, Nacho was pretty up front about shit he didn't like. On AVFM, they let you think you could speak plainly and when you did: BAM! you were banned.

I'm asking here: we all want a new start - we all look forward to the new horizon - can we let the past go and stop kicking Nacho now? He gave three years and for whatever reason - good, bad or other - decided that was long enough. Let's move on now. Please.

Edit: And remember, if Nacho wanted to really be a dick, he would have pulled MGTOWForums down and deleted the content. It is decent that he's keeping it up for people to go in and grab posts and threads and for people to use as a reference. Let's wish him luck in his future endeavors and let's move on!

GT66

Back to top Go down

Post by Jagrmeister Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:30 pm

GT- I think you're right. Remember though that people are in different stages of processing what happened and for some going back and trying to understand some of the dynamics that led to the site's closing help them get closure. But I do agree we eventually need to move on and as we get further away from the pain and shock of it all, I think people will remember the good times we had over at MGTOWForums and remember it was only possible because of Nacho.
    Jagrmeister
    Jagrmeister
    Admin

https://mgtow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BeijaFlor Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:07 pm

All I can process from the demise of MGTOW Forums is ...

How can I make sure that something better is rising from the ashes?

The BeijaFlor ain't no Phoenix. But GoingMyOwnWay.com HAS to be.

All I can do is my best. And I pledge my best to this place.
    BeijaFlor
    BeijaFlor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down